Sunday, June 17, 2012

As You Wish


For the past few months, Erin has had this image of a photo shoot that she was determined to fulfill. She specified that I had to wear my Morning Glory Coffeehouse dress from ModCloth, Garrett had to wear a pink shirt, and it was to take place in the field near her house. As you probably assume, we made it happen. I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone by making it into one of my blog posts, because I'm smart like that. I usually like to pair my dresses with a belt that didn't originally come with it to give a pop of interest, but I wasn't feeling it today. The simple stretchy waist-scrunchy was left in place, and I didn't remix the dress for a change. I wanted to appreciate in its entirety rather than taking away from the whole package by covering up or changing the look of the dress. Besides, the light material was perfect for the delightfully warm temperature as it was. Layering was not necessary for the occasion, if you ask me.

          

I'm going to go ahead and get it out in the open: my all-time favorite color is rose. Sage/mint green is a very close second. Honestly, I have a weak spot for anything in shades of pastel. It's funny how my fashion sense has developed throughout the years. I once went through a stage of bold colors and loud prints, all stemming from an 80's vibe. What can I say? 80's music is classic, and the people were always so happy being totally rad. But I've drastically toned down since then. I look to the 40's for much of my inspiration, blended with a certain French/Victorian-esque flair. At the same time, several aspects of the 70's intrigue me. I really have many facets to my style. The result of these morphed contradictions yields whatever I am.
I'll go into much further detail regarding my personal style in later posts, I swear. As for now, barely skimming the surface will suffice.


 
Dress: ModCloth, hat: thrifted,
bracelet: Charming Charlie, shoes: JCPenny






                                                                                                                   





When we called the picture taking quits, Garrett pulled out his ENO and the three of us chilled for the rest of the afternoon. I was introduced to ENOs about two weeks back, and I've been hooked ever since. They're the most relaxing invention this century has produced! Imagine the sensation of being cradled by a breathable fabric, weightlessly suspended in the air. You feel that? Now take that feeling and multiply it by awesome, and you're close to knowing what it's like to ENO. All other pastime activities are super jealous. It's probably a good thing I don't own one myself, otherwise I would never get anything done. 

3 comments:

  1. I like the world you have created here, and I will come back to visit quite often. Tell me. Are you familiar with the song "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer? I heard it playing through my mind as I enjoyed your blog. It compliments it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! I try to emit the feeling of happiness through this. And yes, I do know that song! It brings back memories of a bright, simpler time..

      Delete
  2. I love this, Tina! Super cute! Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete